FSt1

hi, Jackie,
The simplest way to do this is to set up 3 sheets. 1 sheet for all, 1 sheet
for personal and 1 sheet for business. do your input into sheet1 (all) and
use formulas on sheets 2 and 3.
example
on sheet 2 at cell A1 put....
=Sheet1!A1
whatever you enter into cell A1 on sheet 1 will automaticly appear in cell
A1 on sheet 2. You can copy and paste the formula where ever you need it. It
may take you a little set up time but once complete, it will do what you ask.
you can save the workbook with a different name, delete data on sheet 1 and
start over with a different month. you formulas on sheet 2 and 3 would still
be there.

good luck

FSt1

"Jackie D" wrote:

Hi

I use excel to keep a record of my accounts. I'd like to do something to
save me inputting time but I'm not sure if what I'm about to ask is even
possible. Perhaps, if I explain, someone could help me?

I am inputting personal expenditure and company expenditure into the same
Excel worksheet, showing the gross, net and VAT in separate columns. But I
also need to keep a worksheet showing ONLY personal expenditure and a
worksheet showing ONLY business expenditure. To save me having to input three
times for each entry, is there a way that Excel can automatically duplicate
the entries into the relevant and correct other worksheet?

My problem is that I'm not the most advanced Excel user and I am only just
beginning to learn about macros (and I'm afraid I don't know how to use
macros unless someone more experienced actually gives me the correct codes!)
--

Many thanks
JD