Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel
[email protected] tempest0123@gmail.com is offline

Default Unable to set FormulaArray property of the Range class

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:08:45 -0400, "Tom Ogilvy"
wrote:

Your string is 100 characters, so I assume it is only representative of the
string you are trying to use. FormulaArray will only accept a string of 255
characters - so perhaps that is your problem.

I haven't tried it, but put in a dummy sheet named AB C (with a space)

then put in your array formula in code using something like

"='AB C'!R1C1+'AB C'!R10C10"

then in your code use the range Find method to replace AB C with the
external file argument
\\someserver\somewhere\[file_1.xls]Sheet1

Thanks for the quick reply.
And you are right about the maximum string length.