Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dr.Schwartz Dr.Schwartz is offline

Default Make textbox1.value default

Thanks Tom and Bob, just what I was looking for.

The Doctor

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Bob Phillips answered a similar question just now:

David,

The method that I use is a hidden worksheet. Store the values when the form
is unloaded, then retrieve them when the form is re-loaded.

There are many alternatives, use the registry, a text file, or even Excel
names, but a hidden worksheet is the simplest IMO.

Sample code

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
With Worksheets("SavedValues")
Me.TextBox1.Text = .Range("A1").Value
If .Range("A2").Value < "" Then
Me.ListBox1.ListIndex = .Range("A2").Value
End If
End With
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Terminate()
With Worksheets("SavedValues")
.Range("A1").Value = Me.TextBox1.Text
.Range("A2").Value = Me.ListBox1.ListIndex
End With

HTH

Bob Phillips

Tom Ogilvy

"Dr.Schwartz" wrote in message
I have a form that contains a textbox. How can I make the entered value
appear in the textbox the next time the form is opened? As in I would like

be able to control the default value of the textbox.

Thanks
The Doctor