Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SP[_5_] SP[_5_] is offline

Default Changing the active workbook

I have a workbook called TicketReport.xls which hold the code, I need
to open a workbook that is sent to me and reformat it.
The code starts off ok, it opens the specified workbook but then it
makes the original workbook active. This is the code I have so far:

Sub CreateReport()
Dim fileToOpen As String

'Choose workbook to open
fileToOpen = Application.GetOpenFilename("Text Files (*.txt),*.txt,
Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls", 2)

Workbooks.Open fileToOpen
Workbooks(fileToOpen).Activate
Worksheets("Custom Report").Activate

'Added MsgBox to verify which Workbook & worksheet are active
MsgBox "The name of the active Workbook is " & ActiveWorkbook.Name
MsgBox "The name of the active Sheet is " & ActiveSheet.Name

'Delete "Category" column
myVar = WorksheetFunction.Match("Category", Worksheets("Custom
Report").Range("A1:G1"), 0)

'Insert "Manager" column between STATUS and CALLER columns
'code to format data ....
End Sub

Thanks in advance.