Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
thebside[_2_] thebside[_2_] is offline

Default Parse out answers from a column

Ok, I have a database that I am working on and in it there happens to be
fields that have data in them that belong to two separate survey
questions. I need to parse it so that the data in goes into the two
separate columns.

The data in the single column looks like this;
Column 1 (What is your Job Title) Column 2 (What is your language
Preference)
Answer sets that start with "M" belong to Column 1, and answer sets
that start with "L" belong to Column 2.
In the single column that I Have now, the answers look like this
"M1;M3;L02;L03;L08"

Is it even possible to separate out the data into two columns?

--
thebside
thebside's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22736