Al

By "cell names" I mean that I have defined certain cell names using
Insert/Name/Define. Say A10 is named "total revenue" in workbook "ABC".

I now want to allocate the same cell name to cell A30 in workbook "XYZ".

Short of renaming the cell in the 2nd workbook - which I'm trying to avoid
becuase I have many cells that are named in "ABC", and dozens of other
workbooks need the same cell names - I'm hoping that I can copy in some way a
name from one book to another. (note the named cells are not necessarily in
the same place in spreadsheet.)

"Kassie" wrote:

Hi Al

Not sure what you mean with "cell names". If you are referring to the
contents of the cell, you can either select the cell, press <Ctrl<C, go
where you want to paste, and press <Ctrl<V, or you can go to where you want
it on the other sheet, type in = click on the source sheet, click on the
particular cell, and hit <Enter
--
ve_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa

"Al" wrote:

How can I copy cell names from one spreadsheet to another?