Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
achidsey achidsey is offline

Default If Cells.Find finds something

Jim,

Works great. Thanks.

Alan

--
achidsey

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

When using find I always find it helpful to use a range object to let me know
if and or what I found

dim rngFound as range

set rngFound = Cells.Find(What:="Violation", LookIn:=xlValues)

if rngfound is nothing then
msgbox "No Violations were found"
else
msgbox "A violation was found at " & rngfound.address
rngfound.select
end if
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"achidsey" wrote:

Excel Experts,

My code checks if a transaction is done correctly, and if it is not, puts a
formula that displays the word "Violation" in a cell next to the transaction.

In the following section, the code checks if the word "Violation" is
displayed anywhere in the sheet. If there are no Violations, it displays a
message box stating this, and if there is a violation, it goes to the first
cell that displays "Violation".

<<start code
On Error GoTo errTrap

Cells.Find(What:="Violation", LookIn:=xlValues).Activate

errTrap:
Answer = MsgBox("No Violations Found", vbOKOnly)

<<end code

What I'd like to add is code that, if "Violation" was found, pops up a
message box stating, "Violation Found".

Something like,

If the line below finds something (or doesn't produce an error)
"Cells.Find(What:="Violation", LookIn:=xlValues).Activate"
MsgBox("Violation Found", vbOKOnly)

What code would do this?

Thanks in advance.

Alan