Kassie

Hi

Using Windows 2000 and Office XP I have the same situation at times. Plesae
note the at times part.

Since I never work with fractions, this has never bothered me. Strange
enough, if you, with some percentages in your sheet, untick the Allow
automatic % entry option, and you type in 50, you will get 5000%, 5 will show
500%, .5 will show 50%, .05 will show 5% and so on
Do not untick that option, for your own sanity's sake

--
ve_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa

"Abuzzmaster" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet I work with every day and I use fractional percentages,
between 0-1%. If the field is formatted as Percentage, and I type in ".5", it
reads it as 50%, which it would be if it weren't a percentage. But it is.
It's a half percent. By typing in "50", I also get 50%, which doesn't make
sense. If I type in "5" I get 5%, if I type in ".5", I should get .5%. Is
there a way to make this happen, or is this just a glitch in Excel? Please
help me figure this out. Thanks.