Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jake Marx[_3_] Jake Marx[_3_] is offline

Default copyFromRecordset - vs - getRows

Hi Chris,

Chris Short wrote:
You could try a CAST on the value column - I'm assuming that's the
one that

comes back as a string value?

Yup.

Thank you very much for that. It's not working properly in that I'm
getting an error:

"Incorrect column expression: 'CAST(value AS Decimal(20,10))'"

(I also tried casting it as float4 and float8 with the same error
message.
But that's enough for me to know where to start to look.

It looks like the CAST function won't work in Ingres. Try using float4 or
similar instead:

SELECT float4(value), period
FROM relevant table
WHERE (identifier = X) or (identifier = Y) or etc
ORDER BY period

Jake Marx
www.longhead.com