Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dana DeLouis[_3_] Dana DeLouis[_3_] is offline

Default Code looping until machine freezes!!?

As an alternative, would Conditional Formatting work for you?

Sub Demo()
With Range("V2:V40")
.Select
.FormatConditions.Delete
.FormatConditions.Add _
Type:=xlExpression, _
Formula1:="=NOT(ISBLANK(V2))"
With .FormatConditions(1).Interior
.ColorIndex = 44
.Pattern = xlSolid
.PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With
End With
End Sub

HTH :)

--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"Simon Lloyd"
wrote in message

Hi all,

I have tried to devise some code so that if a cell in a set range
contains a value or character of any kind to change to a colour, it
works but seems to loop many times until my machine freezes (i can
press escape to get out of it!) any ideas why and perhaps a nudge in
the right direction please!
Thanks,

Simon.

Dim mycell