Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Input box Type:= 8 not working

Do you turn off screenupdating before you try to get that range? Turn it back
on (just temporarily)--and turn it off after you get the range:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()
Dim Rnge As Range

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Set Rnge = Nothing
On Error Resume Next
Set Rnge = Application.InputBox("Select Cell", Type:=8)
On Error GoTo 0
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

If Rnge Is Nothing Then
'user hit cancel
Exit Sub '???
End If

Selection.Copy
Rnge.Cells(1).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

STEVE BELL wrote:

Thanks guys,

here's the code

Set rnge = Application.InputBox("Select Cell", Type:=8)

Selection.Copy

Range(rnge).Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas

I am just trying to select a small range on a row and have it pasted to
another range. The input box helps select the start cell for the paste.

But now I can't even select a cell when the input box comes up...

(it worked before)

Am running Excel 2k, and show R1C1 instead of A1.

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
get your ranges, then copy and paste in one command.

Tom Ogilvy

"STEVE BELL" wrote in message
Thanks in advance for any help on this.

I had built code to define a range

Set rnge = Application.InputBox("Select Cell", Type:=8)

and either one of 2 things would occur
1. Unable to select cell on worksheet
2. rnge not defined ("empty")

This was working in Excel 2000 when I copied a single (row) range and
went
to select a cell to paste into. Than it started acting up when I copied
more than 2 rows, and selected a single (from the Input Box) cell to
paste
to.

Has my Excel been corrupted or am I missing something...

Thanks...