Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] kevcar40@btinternet.com is offline

Default closing excel

hi
i have the following module that opens excel copies the contents of the
sheet to a table, cleans the sheet and closes the workbook
all working fine up to now
I then quit XL this happens but after a few seconds i get a message
box telling me that my Xlsheet is now available for editing
how do i stop this ???

Public Sub WorkbookOpen()
Dim XL As Object, XLBook As Object, MyProjectPath As String
Dim XLsheet As Excel.Worksheet
DoCmd.SetWarnings False
MyProjectPath = "C:\Temp\Daily_info.xls"
If Dir(MyProjectPath) = "" Then GoTo Exit_Sub_WorkbookOpen
Set XL = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
Set XLBook = XL.Workbooks.Open("C:\Temp\Daily_info.xls")
XL.Worksheets(1).Activate
XL.Visible = True
'COPYING THE DATA
DoCmd.RunMacro "running_Getting_data_withoutwarnings"
Set XLsheet = XL.Worksheets("Daily_info")
'CLEARING THE CONTENTS
XLsheet.Range("A2:G500").ClearContents
XLBook.Close SaveChanges:=True
XL.Quit