Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jens Meier Jens Meier is offline

Default CustomDocumentProperties problem...

"Bob Phillips" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
It appears that when you used a LinkedSource, the documentproperties

doesn't
actually hold the value (which makes sense), but picks it up from the
LinkedSource. When you look in properties, it looks up that value.

In your code, you need to do the same

Sub DisplayPropertyInfo(dp As DocumentProperty)
MsgBox "value = " & Range(dp.LinkSource).Value & Chr(13) & _
"type = " & dp.Type & Chr(13) & _
"name = " & dp.Name
End Sub

Hi Bob,

thanks for your code snippet! This way, I get it to work.

However, if I always have to VBA to look up the value of the linked range,
then what do I actually need CDPs for?
I mean, I could also store variable values between two Excel sessions
directly into some Excel cell, and then specify in Workbook_Open something
like:
blnMyBoolean = Range("MyRange").Value

Wouldn't that do just the same without having to use CDPs?

Thanks again!
Jens