Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
R Bitterman[_2_] R Bitterman[_2_] is offline

Default Restricting Characters in a cell.

Thanks Tom, but I can only show a maximum of 90 characters of data regardless
of how many characters are downloaded. Our customer then takes the file &
downloads the information into their system. An error message comes back if
their are more than 90 characters.
Ramona

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

the first step would be

columns(6).ColumnWidth = 90

Then you would need something in each cell in the adjacent column on the
right.

Tom Ogilvy

"R Bitterman" <R wrote in message
How would I restrict a column to show only 90 characters; even though you

may
have 200 characters downloaded from another dbase?