Ragdyer

Some questions:

Is the template a .xls file or a .xtl file?
Is the file (folder) that the template is stored in on the network drive?
Is this file populated with other XL WBs (files)?
If yes, are these other XL WBs (files) .xlt or .xls files?
Would you want this template to open automatically in XL on *all* the
machines on the network, or just certain ones?

RD

"James Kendall" wrote in message
I have been asked if you can start up a template on automatically opening

the
Excel program when someone starts the computer. I can get Excel to open

but
I can not get the template to open automatically. How can I do this? I

have
tried to put the template in the XLStart folder under the program

file\office
on the local drive and even in the startup folder. Neither worked and one
opened then closed Excel. One more thing worth mentioning. This template

is
on a network drive. I tried placing the template file on the local and
network drive but neither opened it when put into the startup areas. What

am
I doing wrong? --Frustrated at this point--
--
Thank you for your time.
Windows NT