Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Creating a back up copy.

Use the SaveCopyAs method of the workbook.

If <condition = True then

Tom Ogilvy

"sungen99" wrote in
message ...

I am trying to create a back up copy of a data file and honestly do not
know how to do it. Both the data file and the new backup file will
always have the same name and are also going to be in the same
directory on the hard drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, one more thing (this might be a bit more complex so it does not
need to be addressed). I would have a button used to do this 'Back Up'
function but it would be really cool to have a checkbox (which I have)
for 'Auto-Back Up' I have another button that will just close save and
close the program but I don't know how to run a test INSIDE a macro
that check to see if a true or false exists and if true do this.
Otherwise skip this portion of the macro.

Again and always thank you very much for your help,

Ken

--
sungen99
sungen99's Profile: