Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default UDF for opening most recent file added

jaden41,
Never done this, but I would assume:

1. First you would need to identify the "most recently created file".
Check out the Dir function, looping through all the .xls files in your
folder, either checking the filename against a pattern (if they are named in
some date sensible way) or FileDateTime for the system maintaned info.

2. Once you have the filename, you update all the links with:
ActiveWorkbook.ChangeLink Name:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\Nick\Desktop\Source.xls",
NewName:="Source2.xls", _
Type:=xlExcelLinks

NickHK

"jaden41" wrote in
message ...

Sorry Gary, wasn't as clear as Id like to be there.

What im hoping for is to be able to use vlookup where the table_array
is the most recently created file in a specific folder.

I do not know how to program in VBA so Im hoping to find a built in
function or a udf that is available that I could use with vlookup.

Thanks again for the help

--
jaden41
jaden41's Profile: