Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default Using Excel VBA to close IE

The advantage though of starting the browser with
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink
is that it will always load the default browser and this may not be IE.
Admittedly, then when you close the browser with the API you will need some
extra code
to cater for other browsers.

RBS

"Jake Marx" wrote in message
JakeyC,

JakeyC wrote:
Also just dicvovered the Browser Control - I guess I could also use
this and then close (i.e. unload) the form in which it appears?

You could automate IE as well:

Sub Demo()
Dim ie As Object

Set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

ie.navigate "http://www.longhead.com/"
Do While ie.busy And Not ie.readystate = 4
DoEvents
Loop

ie.Visible = True
Application.Wait Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, 5)
ie.Quit

Set ie = Nothing

Jake Marx
www.longhead.com