Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Arranging data

Sub RemoveBlanks()
Range("B:AZ").SpecialCells(xlBlanks).Delete Shift:=xlShiftLeft
End Sub

would be another guess.

Test it on a copy of your data.

Tom Ogilvy

"Petterq" wrote in message
Hi.

This is something else. On this link i find tips to fill inn blanks, but
that is not the problem.

I need to arrange all celles that have a value from column A and onwards
through B, C and so on. As many columns needed to room all the values. The
number of columns needed will vary from customer to customer.

Example:
CustomerID 8000 in A1
Ordered items: B1:43, D1:55, H1:63

After arranging:
CustomerID 8000 in A1
Ordered items: B1:43, C1:55, D1:63

For on row only it can be done with a sort function, but then I have to

sort
one row at a time. I will have spreadsheets with hundreds of rows, and

then
it will be to time consuming to take it row by row.

Any suggestions to automate the procedure?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Try looking here for an initial solution:

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html
Debra Dalgleish's site

Tom Ogilvy

"Petterq" wrote in message
I have an Excel spreadsheet that is imported from a Online

orderingsystem,
thus the format is predefined. I need to arrange the data properly in

order
to import theese data to Access. I use Office 2003.

Each line starts with a customerID number in column A. I the first row

is
listed the different items that has been ordered. One item in each

coumn.

If the customer in line 4 has ordered the item listed in column C, the

cell
C4 will have the itemID of that item.

The result is a spreadsheet where each customer has severeal items

ordered,
but each for each item that is not ordered, the corresponding cell is

left
blank.

I need to arrange the data so that each line starts with the

customerID
(as
now), and all the items is listed from column B onwards removing all

the
blanks, and disregarding the item names listed in row 1. Row 1 will be
deleted before the import.

Suggestions?