Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Run an External .exe

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=214248
XL2000: How to Force Macro Code to Wait for Outside Procedure

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=129796
HOWTO: 32-Bit App Can Determine When a Shelled Process Ends

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=147392
XL: How to Force Macro Code to Wait for Outside Procedure

Tom Ogilvy

"Dan" wrote in message
Jim,
Thanks,

Could you please provide an example of this "shell" command.

Wrt picking up, the .exe ouputs a text file.
Do I have a way to know when the .exe finished, ie: when this text file is
ready for pick up? I would like to do all this automatically from Excel,

in
this way, I could run pre existing .exe routines, which are transparent

me in excel and then pick up results and post process in excel.

Thx again
Dan

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

You can run external programs using the shell command, but as for

picking up
the outputs, are they being stored somewhere or just how do you propose
getting them.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Dan" wrote:

Is it possible from Excel (using the buttons) to:
1) run an external .exe
2) When the .exe finishes pick up the outputs of the .exe in excel
Thanks again,
Dan