Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dflayfield dflayfield is offline

Default Get File Size (Number of Bytes) of Active Workbook

Thanks again for your help. You solved my problem.

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Add

Application.Volatile True

as the first line of code in the function. This will cause the
function to refresh every time a calculation is made.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"dflayfield" wrote in
message
Thanks Chip,
That worked perfectly. This is probably a stupid question, but
any idea how
to force the file size value to refresh periodically or after
the most recent
save?

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Not all BuiltInDocument properties are maintained by Excel.
For
file size, try

Function FileSize()
FileSize = FileLen(ThisWorkbook.FullName)
End Function

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"dflayfield" wrote in
message
I need to populate a cell with the current file size of the
active workbook.
I have tried:

Function FileSize(I As Integer)
FileSize = ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(I)
End Function

and called the function in the sheet with:
=FileSize(22) ' 22 being the code for "Number of Bytes"
I get a #VALUE! error.

But if I use:
=FileSize(3) '3 being the code for "Author"
it works properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave