Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Get File Size (Number of Bytes) of Active Workbook

Add

Application.Volatile True

as the first line of code in the function. This will cause the
function to refresh every time a calculation is made.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"dflayfield" wrote in
message
Thanks Chip,
That worked perfectly. This is probably a stupid question, but
any idea how
to force the file size value to refresh periodically or after
the most recent
save?

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Not all BuiltInDocument properties are maintained by Excel.
For
file size, try

Function FileSize()
FileSize = FileLen(ThisWorkbook.FullName)
End Function

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"dflayfield" wrote in
message
I need to populate a cell with the current file size of the
active workbook.
I have tried:

Function FileSize(I As Integer)
FileSize = ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(I)
End Function

and called the function in the sheet with:
=FileSize(22) ' 22 being the code for "Number of Bytes"
I get a #VALUE! error.

But if I use:
=FileSize(3) '3 being the code for "Author"
it works properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave