Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How to check if Software is loaded on a users C: drive

Possibly:

sUsername = Environ("Username")
sStr = "C:\Documents and Settings\" & sUserName & _
"\Start Menu\Programs\XYZ App\XYZ App.EXE"

if dir(sStr) = "" then
' not found

I would assume you are distributing in a very small regimented environment.

Tom Ogilvy

"ExcelMonkey" wrote in message
I want to check and see if certain software exists on a users C drive.

For
example, lets say hypothetically, I wanted to know if XYZ App existed on

the
hard drive.

1) Extract User Name of Computer
2) Check for software in predetermined path (including User Name)
3) Generate Boolean Value for software existence

The file path is: C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Start Menu\Programs.
Lets say the folder of the software is called XYZ App. Finding the folder

is
probably enough. I will likely want to go further than that to ensure that
the software is actually on the C drive. So lets say the EXE is called

XYZ
App.EXE. So the full path is

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Start Menu\Programs\XYZ App\XYZ

App.EXE

How do you check to see if the file exists?

Thanks