Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JeffATC JeffATC is offline

Default Compare cells and grab if matched

I'll try to explain it better. Column A,B and C contain text and Column D
contains monetary values. Then a repeat, Column E, F and G contain Text and H
Contains Monetary values. I want to run a macro that checks the values in
column D and H and if it finds a match I then want to move the H and D cell
plus the 3 cells to the left of it to another sheet.
Let's say the range is D1:D800 and H1:H800
Again I appreciate any help.
Thanks

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

So if the amount in cell D2 matches the value in Cell H2 then you want to
grab the values or are you comparing the Value in D2 the all of the values in
H2:H??...

Post a small snippet of what you want to do...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"JeffATC" wrote:

I thought a Vlookup funtion was for searching for a specific value. I am
trying to compare values and find matches. I'm pretty new at this but I
couldn't figure out how Vlookup could do what I needed.
Thanks

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Unless I am missing something why not just use a Vlookup function???
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"JeffATC" wrote:

I am trying to compare 2 columns D and H The columns contain dollar amounts.
If a $ amount in 1 cell matches a $ amount in the other then I want to have
it grab both of those cells plus the 3 cells to the left of the matches. I
would really appreciate anyones help or suggestions.
Thanks