Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
eternal_cat via OfficeKB.com eternal_cat via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Find first empty row

JUST TYPE ctrl-DOWN.

Ragnar Midtskogen wrote:
Hello,

I need to find the first empty row in a worksheet. The sheet is just used to
enter text in, has no formulas.
I have Googled this and I am somewhat confused, there appears to be many
definitions of what is empty and many ways to find the row.
I have found something that seems to work, but I don't quite understand how
it works

iRow = objCurrentSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)Row

First, it looks like it just looks at column 1.
It looks like it starts at the last row and moves the top of the range up
until it finds something in a cell, but I don't see how it determines when a
cell contains something.

I need to scan several columns, so even if this code works how would I
expand the area scanned?

I have something that scans entire rows, I could use that but would prefer
to limit the scan to the first n columns, in case someone happened to enter
something outside the matrix to be used.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ragnar