Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PY & Associates PY & Associates is offline

Default Delete rows with numeric values, leave rows with text

change if activecell.value<100 then
to if isnumeric(activecell) then

"GSpline" wrote in message
I am trying to delete any row in a worksheet that has a numeric value in a
specific column (assume column A) while leaving any row intact that

contains
a text value in that same column. I was able to get numeric values to
delete, but the text rows would also delete... leaving no data at all

because
all of it was deleted along with the numeric. I saw another post (number
less than 100) and was able to use that code to some extent, but I am not
sure how to modify it to affect only numeric & skip text. Here is the

code
from that post, submitted by David:

Sub Macro1()
Range("I1").Select
Do Until ActiveCell.Value = ""
If ActiveCell.Value < 100 Then
z = ActiveCell.Row
Rows(z).Delete
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select
Else
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop
End Sub

and here is how I modified it:

Sub Macro1()
Range("A2").Select
Do Until ActiveCell.Value = ""
If ActiveCell.Value = 0 Then
z = ActiveCell.Row
Rows(z).Delete
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select
Else
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop
End Sub

I purposely want to start the macro in cell A2 and continue to the end of
the data at the bottom of that column (it will vary). I am about to go

nutty
with this one, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.