Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stuart[_21_] Stuart[_21_] is offline

Default Adapt code to loop through sheets

Hi, I'm getting too old for this .... keep forgetting even the simplest of
things (g).

I'm trying to adapt the following simple routine, which adds buttons to a
sheet.

Private Sub CreateButtons()
Dim btn As Button, ws As Worksheet
Set ws = ActiveSheet
With ws
Set btn = ws.Buttons.Add(550, 60, 100, 15)
btn.Select
Selection.Characters.Text = "Add a Page"
With Selection
.Font.Name = "Arial"
.Font.FontStyle = "Regular"
.Font.Size = 10
.Font.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.Locked = True
.LockedText = True
End With
btn.OnAction = _
"Sheet1.General_Button1_click"

Set btn = ws.Buttons.Add(550, 80, 100, 15)
btn.Select
Selection.Characters.Text = "Show Page Heights"
With Selection
.Font.Name = "Arial"
.Font.FontStyle = "Regular"
.Font.Size = 10
.Font.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.Locked = True
.LockedText = True
End With
btn.OnAction = _
"Sheet1.General_Button2_click"

Set btn = ws.Buttons.Add(550, 100, 100, 15)
btn.Select
Selection.Characters.Text = "Hide Page Heights"
With Selection
.Font.Name = "Arial"
.Font.FontStyle = "Regular"
.Font.Size = 10
.Font.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.Locked = True
.LockedText = True
End With
btn.OnAction = _
"Sheet1.General_Button3_click"

.Range("A1").Select
End With
End Sub

Originally, the user was given a workbook containing a single preformatted
Master sheet. This code sequence was in the sheet module. There were buttons
on the Master sheet which allowed the user to create a new sheet, then the
above code ran, and created the above buttons on the new sheet.

My users love it, and have sent me loads of old workbooks. They want buttons
on them too !!!

I just can't find a way to adapt this to run on those old workbooks. I can
easily copy the Master sheet across.

Can someone help, please?

Regards.