FASTWRX

This may get you started in doing what you want, but someone else may come up
with a better (more complete) idea. First, start by sorting by the names.
Then select SubTotals from the Data menu. This will do the addition to the
Unit/Deposit field you were looking for. From there, you should be able to
get the subtotaled list you are looking for. My workaround was a little
cumbersome to explain. Good luck..

"Dani B via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

I'm doing a mail merge from Excel to Word, and It worked out fine. I have 3
feilds: Name, Unit, and Deposit. The problem is, I have about 2 to 4
deposits per person on average. I'm trying to write a letter in which only
one letter is written per person, and since I have 2 to 4 deposits per person,
I have 2 to 4 letters per person as well. What I need to figure out is, if I
have the same unit and same name in Excel, is there a way that I can get the
deposit feild to make a sum, for example, if I have 2 deposits for John Doe
from unit 16 of $20 and $15, and the letter reads--- TO: John Doe UNIT: 16
how can I also get it to say DEPOSIT: $35, or is it impossible in which case
I'll be stuck with two letters for John Doe, one for $20 deposit and another
for the $10? Sorry this is so sloppy, but if someone could help me out with
this I would GREATLY appreciate it! Thanks so much.