Posted to microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript,microsoft.public.excel.programming
mayayana mayayana is offline

Default How to create a self extracting zip file that starts excel with a macro

Are you familiar with making zip files?
WinZip, PowerArchiver, or something like
that? I can give you directions for P.A.
and you can extrapolate from that. I've
never used Excel but I assume that you just need
the two file to be in the same place when
one is run. I don't know what a pivot report is.
Presumably that's a single file? An XLS or
something like that?

Open Power Archiver

Click New and start a new zip file.

Add your 2 files to the zip.

Click Actions - Make EXE File.
A small window will open showing that
the EXE will unload to the Temp folder.

In the box "Command Line After
Extracting" put the file name that you want
to open. (Name only, not full path.)

Click OK and it will create an EXE with the
same name as the zip. When opened, the EXE
will dump its contents into the Temp folder and
run the file that you named in Command Line.

--

(Remove Xs for return email.)
wrote in message
oups.com...
Miyahn & Mayayana

Thanks for your response can you show me a script or tool
that enables me to create a self extracting exe with the
Excel pivot report and the data file included in it.

So when the user clicks on it will start Excel and open
the report.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Karen