Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas[_4_] Gary Keramidas[_4_] is offline

Default Not-so-noob

i was thinking of this one for myself, do you have a preference to either?

Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA by John Walkenbach
--

Gary

"Bob Umlas" wrote in message
Buy Professional Excel Development (Amazon.com?) by Bullen, Bovey, Green.

"Don" wrote in message

Hi Folks,

I've been programming for quite some time in basic (started in 1980)
and VB since VB3. I did VB software dev for a POS company for years
til they folded in 2001.

I even bluffed my way into developing some kinda major Excel 5 (or
maybe it was Excel 97) apps to manage large portfolios of mortgages in
the late 90's. I even got paid pretty well for it.

The problem with the Excel stuff is that I was just winging it. I
didn't really know if I was doing things in a solid and acceptable
manner. Things like creating and destroying menus and toolbars, adding
and deleting rows, etc. Although the customer liked it, It actually
seemed a bit hokey to me at the time.

Question: Other than the MSKB stuff, are there any web resources that
have 'best practices' type of info for developing Excel apps?

Thank you,

Don in Redmond