Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] jonpdavies@gmail.com is offline

Default Copy data from sheet 1 to sheet 2 based on day/date

Mike,

That sounds like a good idea...i have played about a bit previously
with column "D", but my code wouldnt do the job, its been a while since
programming excel!!

can you make any suggestions for my codE?

jon

Mike Fogleman wrote:
OK. So to keep from copying the same old data each time the macro is run,
would it be OK to mark that row in column AS with a "C" once it has been
copied to another sheet. That way the macro can look for the "C" in column
AS, and if it is not there, evaluate the date in column B, copy the row to
the appropriate sheet, put a "C" at the end of the row, and go to the next
row.
If it is OK to use column AS to mark the row as 'copied', then code can be
written. As an option, any spare column can be used and it can be hidden
from view if the "C" is visually unappealing on the "Day" sheet.

Mike F
wrote in message
ups.com...
thanks for the reply! the master sheet "Day" contains all of my
data/the data is apended to it....then I want the additional 7
worksheets to contain information depending on day e.g. monday, tuesday
etc...the data is naturally copied from the master sheet.