Gord Dibben

Correction in-line

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:48:42 -0800, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

cmart02

Excel 2002 and 2003......

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\XX.0\ Excel\Options

XX is your version of Excel...8,9,10,11

On the righthand pane you will see several Options keys

Options3 with Transition Navigation Keys checked in Excel will read

0x0000042(66)

Options3 with Transition Navigation Keys unchecked in Excel will read

0x000040(64)

Modify that key.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 03:03:02 -0800, "cmart02"
wrote:

I am bringing this question forward because I am more intrigued now than
before and I do not want to lose it.

Does anyone know how to change the registry for the following (see messages
belows):

CONVERSATION STARTS HERE (Dave, if you read this thread, could you let me
know how to do it? Thanks, Rob)

This is a setting that's stored in the Windows registry.

Maybe that other person doesn't have write access to the registry. (So the
setting never gets really changed.)

cmart02 wrote:

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the msg. I actually suggested that to him (something like a
template, AddIn), but the guy swears by God that all he did was to click on
it... As I'm in England and he's in Brazil I cannot ascertain that.

Nevertheless, thanks for the suggestion. By the way, I also suggested a VBA
code to turn if off, but he claims it only works once. The alternative was to
run this as an AddIn to disable it everytime Excel starts, but it does not
seem to be a good idea, only a paliative...

If you, or anyone else, have any other ideas, please make suggestions. This
is intriguing me...

Thanks
Robert