Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_4_] Jim Thomlinson[_4_] is offline

Default Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = 0 Error

Unprotect the sheet while the macro is running and re-protect it at the end

Sub DoWhatever()
activesheet.unprotect "MyPassword"
'Do your Stuff
activesheet.protect "MyPassword"
end sub

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

" wrote:

I have a combo box and based on the answer in the combo box, I need the
cell color to change to 'gray out' when then answer is no. It works
great without protection turned on, but once I turn on sheet
protection, it doesn't work anymore. I need the rest of the sheet
protected. I unchecked the 'locked' and 'hidden' boxes on the cell I
need to turn gray. I also have the value of the cell changing from 65
to N/A and that part works great.

I'm stumped. What do I do?

Thanks in advance,
Laura