Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_4_] Jim Thomlinson[_4_] is offline

Default Call Statement and Return Value

selects are a bit of a beast to deal with. I avoid them like the plague. You
can not select a range that is not on the active sheet... for example

dim rngThis as Range
dim rngThat as Range

set rngThis = sheets("This").Range("A1")
set rngThat = sheets("That").Range("A1")

Sheets("This").select
rngThis.select 'This is good
rngThat.select 'This will generate a run time error...

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

" wrote:

Thanks,

Thanks seems to set rng to the return value of my function but when I
try to use the rng range to do something like :

rng.select

It's not working. So I don't know if it's really sets as a range.