darrenrwood

Default File name changes on opening - adds a number to end

I am receiving e mails each week which include a excel 97 spreadsheet. I then
open the spreadsheet and use it within excel.

However on occassions the file name changes from say "fredbloggs" to
"Fredbloggs1" and this seems to be because there is already a file ( albeit
not open ) named "frebloggs" in the temp folder from the last time i used it.

Is there a way to stop this number being added to the name or a way of
deleting the .xls files in the temp folder automatically when windows starts
?

Whatever the solution I need to keep it simple as others will be carrying
out this task who have very little pc knowledge. Its working on Windows NT.

And just in case it matters the reason i dont want the file name to change
is that there is a macro which chooses the spreadsheet by name and this fails
if the name is changed.

I hope this makes sense, any help would be very much appreciated

Darren