Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ewan7279 ewan7279 is offline

Default Replacing references from one file to another

Hi Simon,

Thanks for responding. The problem is, I do not always know what the name
of the workbook is going to be, because it has been designed for any user to
specify its cost centres etc.

The name of each cost centre sheet that is copied is contained within the
sheet itself. Could the method you propose be used in this way too? Where
in the code would it go/what code would be replaced?

Thanks,

Ewan.

"Simon Murphy" wrote:

try something like:

ActiveWorkbook.ChangeLink Name:= _
"C:\data\book1.xls", NewName:= _
"C:\Data\book2.xls", Type:=xlExcelLinks

this is the equivalent of editlinkschange source

the edit replace approach you are currently doing may well work - I
have found it better to replace '=' with 'xx' first to convert to text,
then put it back to a formula after.

I prefer the .changelink approach though - you will need the full path
(workbook.FullName)

cheers
Simon

--