Jon Peltier

Data tables are not very cooperative. Tushar Mehta suggests an alternative on his
web site:

http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgr...able/index.htm

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Lee wrote:

I must apologize. I used incorrect terminology. The dates are in a data
table below the graph in the chart. When I right click and select format
data table, changing the date format is not an option.

"bj" wrote:

click on the Axis for the chart and select format axis, date and select the
format you want

"Lee" wrote:

I have a somewhat related question. We have a chart that has been copied
into another workbook. As long as the file with the original chart is open,
the copied chart is fine. As soon as the file with the original chart is
closed, the date axis reverts to being non-date defined format (eg, 6/1/05
changes to 35208). How do you define the format for the date axis on the
copied chart?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Lee

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

One way:
Click on chart; hold down SHIFT; use menu Edit|Copy Picture (will show only
if you have SHIFT down) - either as printed or as displayed; OK
Now Click empty area of work sheet and do a Paste
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"ManilistBro" wrote in message

Is there an equivalent of a paste special for creating an instance of a
chart?
That is a copy that is disconnected from its source data- my workbook
routines are set up so that the sources will change with a drop down list
so
a snapshot of the chart is needed.