Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
coolice coolice is offline

Default search question

Hi !

I desperately would like to ask one of your help. I had never touched
VBA, and I have to create a small thing in excel, which i am not able
to do since 2 days, and I know it is stupidly simple.

In detail :

- I have a workbook with 2 worksheet. One is where 2 columns of datas
exist. The other one where I placed a ListBox, and a Button.
- Worksheet name with datas called : "Data Stored"
- Worksheet where my ListBox and Button is : "Search"
- In "Data Stored" sheet there are hundreds of first names in column A,
and hundreds of last names in column B.
- I have one cell in "Search" sheet, where I enter the text I wanna
search for. This cell is D11.

What I have to do :

- When I push the button (placed on "Search" sheet), a VBA macro should
look into the cell D11, and search all A and B columns in "Data Stored"
sheet for the text in D11. If in any of the A or B column cell (in
"Data Stored") the text is found even just a part of a cell text, add
it to the ListBox (placed on "Search" sheet).
- Thats all.

Could somebody drop me a helping hand in this with a concrete few lines
of code PLEASE ?

Many many many thank you for your time and help in advance,

Moore

--
coolice
coolice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27526