Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas[_4_] Gary Keramidas[_4_] is offline

Default How to assign 2 letters to automatically input a sentence / excel

sorry, hit enter too fast

try tools/options/spelling and click autocorrect options

in "replace" type am and in "with" type Americas Wholesale Lender

then enter am into a cell and hit enter

--

Gary

"LynnA" wrote in message
I'm using excel, 2000. I type large lists over and over, and I don't know
if
this is possible, but like in AutoCad, you can define your own shortcuts.
Like instead of typing the command "trim", their is a special place you
can
define your own, so I only have to type "tr" and it acts as if I've typed
the
whole word.

I want to do the same thing in excel. I type mortgage records, and get
paid
for how fast I type. Instead of entering in "Americas Wholesale Lender",
want to just put in "am", and have "Americas Wholesale Lender" pop up in
the
cell I am on. Or if it has to be a shortcut like Ctrl + am, I don't care.
Their are quite a few different names that start with "American" so I
don't
want to have to keep typing the whole first name till the auto find,
finally
kicks in on the 10th or 11th keystroke each time.
Some kind of short cut or hot key would same me so much time. I havent
found anything other than navigation hot keys in the help.

Please help, thanks!