Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
George Nicholson[_2_] George Nicholson[_2_] is offline

Default 'Out of stack space' error on SaveAs

- When I try to load an .xla I get an 'compile error: automation error'
on a simple declaration line:

Public gAMGMenu As CommandBarPopup

In the VB editor: ToolsReferences
- Are any of the checked references marked as "MISSING"? try unchecking
& then rechecking them. Then DebugCompile.
- Do you have a checked reference for "Microsoft Office x.x Object
Library"? (that's where CommandBars live)

HTH,
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"Tim" wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently got a new machine with and am trying to run some existing
Excel VBA code. I have two problems:

- When I try to save a project I get an 'out of stack space' error.

- When I try to load an .xla I get an 'compile error: automation error'
on a simple declaration line:

Public gAMGMenu As CommandBarPopup

The problems are a mystery since everything worked OK on my previous
machine and it works on other peoples machines who have the same tools
as I.

It has been suggested that maybe the Excel/VBA installation is corrupt
and needs to be reinstalled.

The enviroment is:
- Windows XP Pro 2002 SP 2
- Excel 2002 10.2614.2625