Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Creating a Custom commandbar button

First, I think I'd move that cbar stuff out of the loop.

Option Explicit
Sub CleanUpControls()
Dim cbar As CommandBar
Dim ctrl As CommandBarControl
Set cbar = Nothing
Set ctrl = Nothing

Set cbar = Application.CommandBars("PastyFellow")

Do
Set ctrl = Nothing
On Error Resume Next
Set ctrl = cbar.FindControl(Tag:="Sifar")
On Error GoTo 0

If ctrl Is Nothing Then
Exit Do
Else
ctrl.Delete
End If
Loop

cbar.Delete

End Sub

Second, on the troublesome pc, look under Tools|References.

If you see a reference marked MISSING, then maybe unchecking that reference
would fix the problem. I've never seen this error with a constant, though--but
it'll be easy to check.

sifar wrote:

Hi Dave,

Its nothing to with your code. getting the same message at a Cybercafe
PC. works fine on my Home PC.

Made some changes to your code.....

Sub CleanUpControls()
Dim cbar As CommandBar
Dim ctrl As CommandBarControl

Do
Set cbar = Nothing
Set ctrl = Nothing
On Error Resume Next
Set cbar = Application.CommandBars("PastyFellow")
Set ctrl = cbar.FindControl(Tag:="Sifar")
On Error GoTo 0

If ctrl Is Nothing Then
Exit Do
Else
ctrl.Delete
cbar.Delete
End If
Loop

End Sub

This worked fine for me by deleting the CustomCommandBar along with the
Control.

Please advice.

--

Dave Peterson