Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default Importing data from .xlsx files

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 12:50:20 +0000, F wrote:
Rather than have to open the new data logger file each day, manually
copy the relevant columns and rows and then paste them into the workbook
below the previously imported data, I would prefer the task to be
automated. Is this possible in full, or at least partially?

Sure, you can write a VBA macro called Workbook_Open in a module in
your master workbook. Then whenever you open the workbook it will
run automatically.

If you don't know VBA, I think you'll want to get some local help.
Refining your problem requirements and then creating the code is, I
think, too complex for a newsgroup.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...