Dave Peterson

I created a template with 8 worksheets. I saved it into my template folder.

I could rightclick on an existing worksheet tab and select Insert and point at
that template file.

All 8 sheets got added nicely.

As for the range names, have you thought about using worksheet level range
names? Then you won't have to worry about conflicts between names.

If I'm working on 'Sheet 2', I can create a worksheet level name by:
insert|name|define
Names in Workbook Box:
'Sheet 2'!myNameHere
Refers to:
='Sheet 2'!$A$1
(or whatever you want)

Each worksheet can have their own sheet level name.

If you work with names, do yourself a favor and get a copy of Jan Karel
Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

reddog9069 wrote:

Hmmm, there are no links, its named ranges that are giving me the
problems.

My combined template(which is 3 individual templates that I want
combined) has a few dynamic named ranges.

The combined template is basically a subtask so I will usually have a
few subtasks in each workbook.

I can add one combined template to a new workbook without a problem,
but adding the second one tells me the template I am trying to move or
copy contains the named range [fill in the blank] (I get one message
for each named range) and if I want to use the one already in the
workbook or rename the one that is coming in. My macro is adding the
subtasks so I cannot just rename each one.

The thing I do not understand is the way I was doing it was just each
subtask having to add all 3 individual templates which never gave me a
named range error, but that involves a lot more error checking, hence
the reason I want to make it more efficient.

--
reddog9069
reddog9069's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24458

--