Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dennis Cheung[_3_] Dennis Cheung[_3_] is offline

Default Macro Help!!

Dear Rowan,

Thanks for your support.

The field "Shop" is at the top of the page, I think it called page area,
not a column ior a row in the PIvot Table, no check box. PivotTable2 is in
same design as PivotTable1.

I need Excel performs followong after a shop is selected. A shop is
selected means click on a shop in the pull down menu in PivotTable1,there is
no check box.

The PivotTable2 will change to the same shop after a shop was selected in
PivotTable2. The field "Shop" in PivotTable2 is located the page area as
same as PivotTable1.

I think the code you post almost did the task. It hided all un-necessary
item in PivotTable2 after an item was selected in PivotTable1. But the next
time selecting an item in PivotTable1, it finds nothing to hide since
everything had been hided already. I think to add something into the code to
make all items visible before hiding would work.

Dennis

"Rowan" wrote in message
Hi Dennis

Can we clear up what you mean by Selecting an Item. Are clicking on the
dropdown on arrow next to header "Shop" and then adding a check mark next
to one or more shops, or are you just clicking on a shop in the list?

Regards
Rowan

Dennis Cheung wrote:
Thanks Rowan! It works only in the 1st time. I select an item in PVT1 and
the PVT2 change to the same item as PVT1. And I notice that all items in
"Shop" were hided except the item I select in PVT1.
In the 2nd time I select an item in PVT1, the item in "Shop" was not
changed in PVT2.
Can you help please?