Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Shrinking an Excel File

Hi Robert,

See Debra Dalgleish's notes on restting the used range at:

---
Regards,
Norman

"Robert Mulroney" wrote in
message ...

I'm creating an excel template, I find if I alter a whole lot of cells the
file size grows; as you'd expect. If I then delete the rows that contain
these cells the file size doesn't shrink again.

In a template that is going to be used to create a lot of documents the
file size is quite important. We need to store these documents for 3 to 5
years. Is there anyway, maybe some kind of tool, that can minimise an
Excel
file size?

- Robert Mulroney