Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Myrna Larson Myrna Larson is offline

Default combination macro

The macro returns literal text, not formulas. If you mean the members of the
population change from one day to the next, then you must change the contents
of the 3rd - 12th cells in the range and run the macro again each day.

If that's what you mean, perhaps you need to use the values 1-10 as the
population, then use Data/Text to Columns to split the individual numbers in
each set into several columns. Then you can, in cells farther to the right,
write formulas to translate, say, 1 into 2 or 1(a), etc.

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:02:01 -0700, "Crystal"
wrote:

I read the combination macro wrote previously, but I don't know if it will
work for my situation... I have number 1 to 10 from Monday to Sunday. But
each number can become another new set of numbers the next day. Like I have
#1 on Monday, on Tuesday, I can have #2 or #1(a), which got out from #1.
Then, when Wednesday comes, I can pick #3, #2, #2(a), or #1(b). It's
combination within combination situation, can someone help me out on this??
Thanks a million!