Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
StargateFan[_3_] StargateFan[_3_] is offline

Default Cell colour chg when formula results equal a weekend day, i.e., "Saturday" and a date that falls on a Saturday?

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:02:09 +0100, "Peter T" <peter_t@discussions
wrote:

OK I got your file and think I follow. We were so nearly there!

First to clarify to others to avoid downloading your file.

A1 contains a day name as a string, that of the date in A2
A2 contains a Date
A3 is an empty cell

A1 & A2 are populated with a macro (before the macro is run the cells are
empty)

A1 & A2, CF with medium grey and A3 with light grey, if A2 is a Sat or Sun
and A2 actually has a date.

This pattern of 3 cells is repeated 3*7 times with incremented dates by use
of an If formulas

------------------
CF's for A1, A2 & A3 will have exactly the same formula using the "Formula
Is" setting:
=AND(WEEKDAY(A2,3)4,A2<"")

Format colour for A1 & A2 medium grey, light grey for A3
Copy A1:A3 an pastespecial formats over the entire area, a multiple of 3
rows.

Regards,
Peter T

Thank you. I will look at this tonight. At least you're still saying
it's do-able! <lol