Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Weeknum

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:17:53 -0500, Baapi
wrote:

I have a very limited access to internet and the site you have referred
to is blocked under "Free Wares" category.

Anyway, in the mean while I thought of the following logic. But, I'm
not sure if this is the perfect one and will work under all
conditions.

(DateSerial (Year(X), Month(X), Day(X) ) - DateSerial (Year(X), 1, 0 )
)/ 7

Comments? Suggestions?

Your formula will give different results than Excel's WEEKNUM function unless
the year starts on a Sunday.

See my other responses for some other ideas.

--ron