Aladin Akyurek

G2:

=LOOKUP(E2&F2,{"N","";"NN","";"NY","D";"Y","";"YN" ,"D";"YY","P"})

Need Help 123 wrote:
In column E I will be inputting a Y for 'Yes' and an N for 'No'
In column F the same
In column G I would like to have a formula that would do the following:

If there is a Y in E2 and a Y in F2, then insert a P in G2...
If there is a Y in E2 and an N in F2, then insert a D in G2...
If there is an N in E2 and a Y in F2, then insert a D in G2

My problem right now is I am using the formula: IF E2=F2 is True input P in
cell G2, if False input D in cell G2.... but since I am not using values when
E2 and F2 are blank it puts a P in G2 and I want G2 to stay blank if I did
not put anything in E2 or F2... Is this possible?

--

[1] The SumProduct function should implicitly coerce the truth values to
their Excel numeric equivalents.