Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default Macro to convert data

Just open a file from vba and write out the XML by looping through the
range.

eg (untested - treat as pseudocode)

dim rngOut as range,r as row, c as range

set rngOut=activesheet.range("A1:C10") 'for example

'....open file write the header info to file

'loop through content
for each r in rngOut.rows
'print to file "<row"
for each c in r.cells
'print to file "<column" & c.value & "</column"
next
'print to file "</row"
next r

Tim

"Sujith" wrote in message
Vacation's Over wrote:
Excel 2003 does it automatically
DAtaXMLExport

"Sujith" wrote:

Hi,
On sheet named AREA has the follow data

A B C
ASD 22 3 4
BSD 6 7 8
CSD 9 11 8
EFD 16 19 8
GFD 27 27 8

Need to convert the data to the below format and then saved as
xml file. Any help with code or direction to where i could get
this would be greatly appreciated.
Can the code be created to convert a specific range of cells?

<data
<variable name="AREA"
<row
<column</column
<columnA</column
<columnB</column
<columnC</column
</row
<row
<columnASD</column
<column122</column
<column3</column
<column4</column
</row
<row
<columnBSD</column
<column116</column
<column7</column
<column8</column
</row
<row
<columnCSD</column
<column119</column
<column11</column
<column8</column
</row
<row
<columnEFD</column
<column16</column
<column19</column
<column8</column
</row
<row
<columnGFD</column
<column27</column
<column27</column
<column8</column
</row
</variable
</data

Regards,
Sujith

Thanks, but i am using excel 2002. Can this be achieved in 2002 to
get the above. I tried saving the sheet as xml spreadsheet but did
not give me the above structure, which is critical.
R/,
Sujith